Sunday, February 27, 2011

Memories of the Past



I'm sitting here listening to my playlist. Damn, it couldn't be more captivating at times. Every song has its own memory of the past. They are like snap shots, hmm yes in the mind but maybe even more so in the heart. Many of the older ones remind me of my ma ma...(rest her soul) many of the others simply remind me of my very own walk. I think memories have some sort of life form. It triggers emotions that happened so so very many years ago. Yet, they can seem so alive today. Is the past ever the past?

 Ask somebody about their past and you will always hear how bad it was. Yes, we all have a sad story to tell. But why is that the part that goes with most of us. I wont compete with you which one of us got beaten the most. That part of my past has been incinerated. Those other memories, the ones that touched my soul are the ones that I carry and will carry to the end. The ones I wish I could repeat over and over and over again.

 Unlike the VCR we cant rewind and replay. Once we record it, its done. Be it good or bad, its done. For me, my recording studio seems to be at a standstill. Most everybody I have recorded memories with are now up in heaven. Some times I still wish they were still here to even record bad memories with them just to have new ones. For now though it is just keeping the memories I have in my heart alive........................Ahhh, if you read this you must be bored but thanks for hanging in there...LOL

No comments: